Another Monday

And so begins another week. I jokingly said today to a teacher that Monday's should just not be allowed. I think I'll stand by that statement. I'm starting to feel more like myself (whoever that is) every day. I sometimes feel like I'm not sad enough about Liam - like I should still be crazy sad about him. But I just don't feel that way. I miss him, I miss what Pat and I should have had with him, but I feel like I've accepted his passing, and gotten used to the idea that I'm a woman who has lost a child. I never knew how many women out there have gone through this. It seems so odd to me that in this day and age, we can cure cancer, send men to the moon, but we can't keep a little baby alive. We're still awaiting the autopsy results. They said it could take up to 90 days. I think that's insane, but there it is. I called my obgyn's office today to see if they had the results. I felt very matter of fact when I asked for them. I always wonder if other people think I didn't care about Liam because I can talk matter-of-factly about him. And that is so far from the truth. Losing Liam was the hardest thing I have ever had to endure. I can still see him in my mind as the nurse held him for me to say goodbye to. So hard to let her leave the room with him, knowing I would never see him again, but I knew his spirit was no longer there.

Today was an ok day at school. My job is not difficult, I hope as I learn a little more about curriculum and content that I can become even more involved in what I'm doing and get more comfortable with the students. I have not really worked with this age/grade level since college, so it seems a little new and intimidating to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Well that's it for now.

1 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hugs from Todd and I!

Post a Comment

What I've Read

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The BFG by Roald Dahl
  • James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K, Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Followers