News etc.

Well I have some news. My bro and SIL are expecting a baby:) I am happy for them, but a little jealous at the same time. I wish it was me. But I'm trying to stay positive - my turn will come. We're going to start trying this summer, so I just have to be patient until then.

For now, I'm going to do my "cross stitching auntie duties" and start on a sampler. I had mom help me pick out a cute little kit at Micheals, so I'm going to put that into my rotation this month. I'm trying to keep the stitching rotation to four pieces, one being an ornament. Seems to be working well so far. Right now I have Letter C, Ottawa Sampler and the ornament. So the baby sampler will round it out nicely.

We had a long weekend this past weekend (President's Day on Monday). I had planned stitching all day and watching the Boston Legal marathon, but best laid plans... I ended up getting a hair cut, hanging with my folks and working on their computer, then going to get our taxes done in the evening. So much for my day of stitching! Tonight I was supposed to be at church and choir practice, but I'm feeling tired and lazy, so I called in sick and am curled up in my stitching chair ready to start the baby sampler:)

I know my Canadian and Northern friends laugh when I say this, but it is oh so chilly down here! So I have my little velvet pants on, a t-shirt and sweater and my big fleece blanket. So comfy:)

Off to stitch and watch Star Trek TNG:)

1 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay for Tim and Deanne! I guess that foot injury isn't holding him back! Your time will come don't worry!

Post a Comment

What I've Read

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The BFG by Roald Dahl
  • James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K, Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Followers